Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Long Time No Blog

Greetings Teacher Leaders!!!

It's been a while since we were on the mountain... hope you are all doing well as we barrel towards winter break. I'm writing to you from a session at the National Staff Development Council (now known as Learning Forward) called "Hooked on 'Tronics-the ABCs of Technology and Professional Learning"... so far we've used Poll Everywhere and set up a Delicious account- sound familiar? I'm optimistic that I'll leave the session with new resources and/or new applications for resources we already know.

I'm posting a seperate blog entry where you can report on the conversation you've had with a "non-education" person about education- remember, that's part of your "next steps" to be done for Session 3 so if you  haven't done it yet, there's still time.

Keep checking getaflipchart for updates and resources for our Personal Learning Networks!

7 comments:

  1. I just read on a site called freetech4teachers that the delicious site may close down. This site (freetech4teachers) provides some alternatives as well as how to save your sites from delicious so that you don't lose them. FYI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda--just wanted to thank you for the information about bigthink.com--it is a
    wonderful site that allows you to stretch
    yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Monica, for the information about delicious. As a person who has lost lots of bookmarks over the years, I really like it and use it. I will check out the alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh no I hope delicious doesn't go off the grid. I came gm after the last session and compiled my bookmarks from hm and work (possible sad face)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I checked the information and Google is making reassuring noises about Delicious: No, we are not shutting down Delicious. While we have determined that there is not a strategic fit at Yahoo!, we believe there is a ideal home for Delicious outside of the company where it can be resourced to the level where it can be competitive.” This probably means it is dead, for sure, just like when happy couples are featured on the covers of magazines: you know a divorce announcement is next. Am I too cynical?

    ReplyDelete
  6. www.teachgenetics.com is a great website for lots of different science units. I used cell membrane very successfully. Would recommend it to anyone who teaches science.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love www.teachgenetics.com. I have shared this with the two new science teachers at my school.

    ReplyDelete